Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quiero vivir en una casa de muchos colores




I love colors! Most people think that brightly colored houses are tacky, but those people have never been to La Boca. La Boca is a little province in Buenos Aires that is covered in color-pink, yellow, blue, green, red, purple-you name it, it's probably on at least one building. After WWII, some of the Italians who immigrated to South America docked their ships at La Boca. They used the paints that were left on the ship to paint their houses and buildings. Because they had various amounts of various colors, all the buildings ended up being painted different colors! They are so cute!!

Now, my history isn't perfect...this is just what I've been told and what I've read. I'm guessing they've probably had to repaint some of the buildings since then, but I'm assuming they've kept the original colors. Well, the history is irrelevant. Not really, but it is irrelevant to the fact that I love multi-colored houses and would like to live in one someday!

Also, in La Boca, I learned a few tango steps. Yes, that's right. We went to a restaurant for lunch and there was a private tango performance for us. After the dancers performed, they asked Val and I if we'd like to learn a few steps. We, of course, jumped at the opportunity and took a lot of pictures. Needless to say, they asked me to join their dance troupe and travel the world teaching the tango.

In other news, I'm feeling MUCH BETTER! Thanks for your prayers. Hopefully, I will remain healthy for the duration of the summer! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Why doesn't it surprise me that you like the bright, multi-colored houses? Who is the man in the last picture? Osvaldo? MOM

Hannah Anderson said...

yes, Mom...that is Osvaldo (Oswaldo, Where's Waldo?, Ozzy, Papi, Os, Oswald) Any of those names are acceptable! =)