Friday, June 13, 2008

Did you say bulletin board? I think you meant BILLBOARD.


Hola! So...Val and I have been working on a project for a little bit now. We are making a bulletin board of all the church ministries and activities for the area wide meeting next Sunday. We've been printing out all these pictures Osvaldo gave to us. Everyday, he gives us more pictures. Val and I kept saying to each other, "There's no way all these pictures are going to fit on a bulletin board". Little did we know that the bulletin board was a billboard. Seriously, it is massive. (A picture of the beginning and the progress we've made so far are at the right). We are still not finished, obviously, but are actually printing more pictures as I write this.

An update from my last blog entry: Things are definitely looking up here. I think I was looking for something tangible to be able to see that my work here was making any sort of impact. I have realized that this is a selfish desire and a sign of an immature faith. "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1). Although I do not see or have a tangible thing to recognize that God is working here in BA, I have a faith that is certain of what I do not see. I am certain that God is working through me and within me to transform my heart and the hearts of the people here. What more do I need to see or know? Nothing! Thank you all for all of your prayers...keep them coming!

And I will leave you with this picture...Valerie and I found Oreos and Chips Ahoy in a supermercado here. Also, we found Lay's potato chips, but they aren't pictured. It was a good day! =)

peace. love. argentina.
Hannah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
I LOVE your blog!!! I am so excited for you. You are learning so many new things all at once...a new form of Spanish, a new family, a new CITY (huge) and new FOOD! :-)
Judy's post about the "three Anderson vegetables" cracked me up!!! She has obviously seen our Christmas pictures with your plate filled with ham and a piece of bread!! :-)
Hannah, I am SO proud of you. You ARE doing good work. I imagine that you and Valerie are really making an impact. Keep the faith, and know that GOD (and your family!) loves you!!! Aunt Katina