Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dios es Amor


Tonight, I went to a youth meeting at Villa Urquiza (a church about 20 minutes from my house). It was a devotional of all three youth groups, along with a talent show and birthday celebration for a woman at Urquiza.

We all sang the song "Love One Another". It was beautiful! The words, "Dios es Amor" brought tears to my eyes. Possibly, it's because I'm sick and tired and so my emotions are heightened. But, I really think it's because the words penetrated my heart like they never have before. The reason is that the people of these three congregations truly know the meaning of the words "Dios es Amor". He who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. The people here love each other like nothing I've ever experienced before. They spend all their spare time together and know each other in a deep and meaningful way. Tonight, this precious woman from Urquiza celebrated her birthday with about 60 young people. That's all she wanted--to be with fellow believers on her birthday. Not only to be with them, but to share food, entertainment, and the word of God with them on this special day. THAT is love.

Other highlights of the past few days:

Pijama Party--yes, that is how you say pajama party in Spanish! Some girls came over last night. It was crazy! Unfortunately, I didn't get to participate much with them since I am sick, but I think it was a great time of fellowship for everyone else.

Empanadas- Valerie and I made empanadas last night for the first time. They are a HUGE staple food here (the picture is on the right...pretty good, huh?) Excuse the nastiness that is me in the picture...remember, I have strep. hahahaha.

Okay...well, I've gotta go get some rest and hopefully get well! Thanks for the prayers...keep them coming!

1 comment:

Wes and Ellen said...

Hannah,

It sounds like you experience in BA is going much like mine. Aside from the pijama parties and strep tacos. Your reflections sound so similar to the emotions and revelations I experienced while there. The church can be a beautiful thing.

Thanks for sharing.

-Wes