Sunday, June 15, 2008

GOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL!





Attention all readers (and I know there are SO many of you):




I, HANNAH ANDERSON, SCORED A GOAL PLAYING FUTBOL TONIGHT AGAINST A TEAM OF ALL ARGENTINE MEN!




Believe it because it is true. I have a great cloud of witnesses that can testify to the truth of this statement. Yes, Valerie and I were talked into playing arena soccer tonight with some of the youth and the men from the church. The two of us and Maria Laura (one of our sisters) were the only girls playing (there were two other teams of all men). However, Val and I brought the fire of the USA on those Argentines. We would have made you all proud. I have included some photos for you entertainment (obviously, these are reenactments--we were moving much too fast during the real game to get a clear picture). Ha!




This weekend has been wonderful. It has been relaxing, and yet very productive. We worked more on the billboard. Man, this project is a big one! It's coming together nicely and we should be able to finish it with one more morning of work! Saturday, we got to spend a lot of time with the youth! Our relationships with them are strengthening everyday, and communication is becoming easier! God is merciful! We were able to get together and play cards with them before the youth meeting. Then, we had Bible study, and after Bible study, soccer. It was so wonderful to be with them talking, laughing, and studying God's word! The community between the teens here is incredible. They laugh together, cry together, struggle together, study together, and have so lovingly welcomed Valerie and I to do these things with them as well. Community is powerful! We could all learn a lesson from these teens!




I was happy to find a McDonald's less than a block from where we were playing soccer. Pedro, William, Maria Laura, Valerie, and I went to the glorious golden arches and I had a Big Mac. Yes, a Big Mac, and I ate the WHOLE thing! (see pictures)




Today, Valerie and I went back to the province, Recoleta, to do some more souvenir shopping at an artisan fair. I bought lots of cool things. When I say I bought, I mean Valerie bought because I'm still waiting on my debit card in the mail. Pray that that arrives safely! We got lost...go figure. We got on the 92 bus going the wrong way. We rode it until the bus driver yelled at us to get off (apparently, it was the final stop). We were in a pretty shady part of town and it was starting to get dark. Valerie and I never panic when we're lost--we always know we can find some way home, and worse case scenario, we'll take a taxi. We walked and TA DA...there was the Subte! The C line...normally, we only ride the A line, so we were excited to ride a new line! We just rode the C line until it met the A line and made it home with no problems. So, Mom, don't worry. Even though we might get lost, we're competent travelers, and we always find our way home!




peace.love.futbol

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I am so proud of you for actually playing soccer and so excited that you scored a goal! You are so brave Hannah! :)

Amy Couchman said...

felicidades!! i think that makes up for our soccer team never scoring a goal this season. love you!!

Spencer said...

That's awesome about the soccer goal...I don't think I scored all summer (ie winter) last year. I'm glad those Argentines saw the the US of A has some heat to bring on when it comes to futbol...even if it has to be brought on by a little red-headed girl and not the National team...lol. :)

I'm glad you're getting to know the kiddos really well!

Besos!