Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HEE HAW...CHA HAW CHA HAW!





WOW! The past few days have been exhausting! It's the good kind of exhausting, though.

The pre-teen lockin Friday night was an absolute success! The kids had so much fun playing all the games Val and I planned! It was a wonderful time of fellowship with these precious young ones. I enjoyed everything about the night, but probably my favorite was teaching 'The Animal Game'. Those of you from the RCC youth group know what I'm talking about. 'The Animal Game' is where you sit in a circle and every chair represents a different animal. The highest is the elephant and the lowest is the skunk. There are all sorts of animals in between: bull, lion, fish,
wolf, bunny, donkey, eagle, etc. Each animal has a symbol and/or a sound. Basically, it is a fast-paced game of animal sounds and funny noises which make for a hilarious time! Interestingly enough, not all animal sounds are universal.

Saturday, the play was awesome! A lot of people attended and everyone's work really paid off. It was a great performance and I think the message of it was powerful to all who were there!

Sunday was our last day at Caballito church. I laughed a lot and I cried a lot. It's hard to explain the kind of impact these people have had on my life. It's hard to describe the feelings to someone who hasn't experienced it before. All I can say is this is not my last time to visit Argentina. I am determined to come back and see these people again.

Yesterday was our day off, so we did some fun tourist-y things...museums, etc. I went to heaven on earth. It was a children's book fair! There were thousands upon thousands of books in Spanish. There were hundreds of little children running around speaking Spanish. Needless to say, I was in awe of my surroundings and soaking up every bit of the energy those little kids had! I loved it!

For the rest of the week, we have LST studies and a couple of organizing things to do at the church office. We've also got plans with the youth group and other friends. This will be a hard week..I'm not ready to say goodbye. I told Valerie that she is going to have to physically push me on the plane and buckle me into my seat. She said the same...so I don't know who's going to make us get on that plane!

I will probably not get a chance to write in my blog again until I'm back in the states. But..I'll do a final post once I get back! So...see you guys stateside!

2 comments: