Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's been awhile....

Well, it's been a long time since my last post, and a lot has happened! The only way I can think to organize this is to make a list. So, here goes...

1) I'm teaching!!!!! I was hired starting the fifth week of school to teach 4th grade. I always pictured myself teaching the little ones, but everyday that I'm in 4th grade, I realize that this is truly where I belong. I have 15 students (a teacher's dream) that are all just the sweetest things you'll ever meet! I can honestly say that I look forward to going to work everyday (even waking up at 5:00am)! Fourth grade is definitely a challenge because of all the content there is to teach, and of course the impending doom of the TAKS test. DUN DUN DUNNNNN....but I am loving every minute of it and so thankful for my class!

2) I'm still working at Starbucks! Hahaha...temporarily. I work like once a week at Starbucks still. It's fine for a little extra money on the side and that discount isn't too shabby. Don't be surprised if you all get coffee for Christmas! (Just kidding, but seriously)

3) My apartment and roommates are fantastic! I love my roommates, and we have such a wonderful time living the Dallas life! (By that, I mean living in the city but going to bed by 9:30 every night =)) The girls and I have started a Beth Moore study on Esther and that has been good for all of us! It's such a blessing to live with strong, Christian women who hold me accountable.

4) Jeremy and I are doing the whole long-distance relationship thing. It's tough, but totally worth it! I enjoy hearing about his time in Houston and elsewhere!

5) The Yankees are playing in the World Series!! HELLO....it's awesome! It's been so fun watching (especially the ones at Yankees stadium---I've been there!!). And...hopefully we'll continue winning!! GOOO JOHNNY DAMON!!!

6) I REALLLY need a new blog title. I am no longer in Argentina. Help...any suggestions? If your suggestion wins, I'll give you a surprise.

Alright, I leave you with pictures of my classroom!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Yay! I'm glad you posted. The first thing that popped into my head when you asked for a blog title is "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing." But, you might not be teaching fourth grade forever (and you're not a nothing!), so that might not work. I'm kind of stumped for other ideas. All I can think of is really cheesy stuff like "Hannah's Happenings." :) I'll keep thinking.

Sallie said...

So glad you posted. I've been checking your blog a couple of times a week for three months now! Keep it up!

Matt said...

1)I'm glad you posted. You're still losing to me though, sucka!

2)If I don't get coffee I'll be so mad (especially because I'm asking for a new coffee maker).

3)Blog title:"Becoming Ms. Frizzle"

Done and done.

Valerie Lynn said...

Yes I vote with Matt's suggestion...let's be honest...you are Ms. Frizzle!!

Anonymous said...

"Hannah's Hickey's" ? (isn't that your school?)


Tere