Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Beginnings...

I'm writing this blog from my new home in Dallas. My new apartment is awesome It's not totally complete...as far as decorating goes...but it's getting there! Pictures later...once it's done! I'm so glad to be living with Valerie and Brenna and to have many other good friends from ACU here.

I started a new job at Starbucks yesterday. It's not my dream job, but it has been good so far and I know I'll enjoy it much more when I actually start making drinks and serving people! Who doesn't love to wear a headset and an apron?

It's been an interesting adjustment to life here in Dallas. It's been difficult, I won't lie. My whole life I've dreamed of being a teacher. I just always pictured teaching the little ones right after I got out of college. Well, even for those of us who always plan ahead, things don't always work out. I, disappointingly, do not have a teaching job and am not going to be able to do what I want to do. Please pray for me. Pray that I can see what God's purpose is in this...because I honestly don't right now. Please pray that one of these days I'll be able to do what I truly believe I was called to do. I'm trying to be faithful and I'm trying to answer to the call I believe I've received from God, and for some reason, He's not allowing me to do that. Please pray for patience, for understanding, and for other opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children.

3 comments:

Life with the Ellwoods said...

I am glad you like your apartment! Sorry about the job! Are you looking beyond ISDs?

Sallie said...

I thought you might have posted with a little more free time on your hands. You know we are praying diligently for God to put to use your wonderful talent with children. We also pray He will make His will known soon. Love you!

Brent Bailey said...

Handerson, I'm so sorry to hear that things have not gone as you were hoping or expecting. I am definitely praying for you - that you will see God's purpose for where he's put you right now, or that if you don't see it, that he will give you peace in knowing that he's with you and does have a plan for you.