Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010---A new year, a new decade!

I try not to make New Year's Resolutions that are like:
1. Lose weight.
2. Eat right.
3. Exercise 5 times/week.
4. etc, etc, etc.

The reason I try not to make these resolutions is because I just feel bad about myself when I don't keep them. And the moment I mess up, I just give up for the rest of year. One bad day, and the other 364 are thrown out the window!

Instead, I have one resolution this year, and it's more an "Area of Improvement" than a resolution. In 2010, I'm going to live in the present. I have a tendency to always be worried about what's next. I lose valuable moments with friends, family, and myself because I'm worried about the next step or what's coming. I've always got to have a plan, and I worry when things don't go as planned.My New Year's Resolution is to live in the here and now. Enjoy each moment for what it's worth. Don't take advantage of any time I have or any opportunities for trying something new. This year I'm going to take the time to learn more about myself and soak up the time I have with people.


1 comment:

Sallie said...

That sounds like a good goal--something a lot of us could benefit from! Glad you posted again!